Looking to buy or sell a home in Dayton, Ohio? Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today's market. You may also call us at (937) 432-2644 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
The spring real estate market here in Dayton is buzzing with activity and I wanted to give my buyers a list of ways to create a sense of urgency. The market is very crowded, and you will need to act quickly to get the home you want. Here are a few ways for you to do this.
1. 80% of buyers are looking at 20% of the houses: You have a lot of the same buyers that are looking at the same houses that you are. So if you find a property and fall in love with it, buy it quickly because someone is waiting in line behind you. This also means that there are plenty of available properties in Dayton, but these ones are off the beaten path, so just dig a little deeper to find these homes.
2. Know your Priorities: You should create a must-have list of items or features that you absolutely need in your new property. Keep the list around 5 to narrow down your property search and eliminate properties that do not match your needs.
- This will allow you to decide quickly if a property is right for you or not. If you need a 2-car garage, then homes without one would be eliminated. Make a list of your needs and then start your home search to filter out unsuitable homes right from the beginning.
- However, make sure that you are using a competent agent who can relate to your wants and needs. You can cost yourself a lot of extra money by choosing an incompetent agent who doesn't know your needs and who cannot negotiate in your favor.
- My advice would be to interview multiple agents, and only hire an agent that is selling 25-50 homes a year (at minimum).
- We have a list of questions you can ask prospective agents, just ask us about it and we can get you a copy.
Hopefully this information has been helpful to you. Please contact me with any questions, comments or concerns you might have about Dayton real estate.